Snapchat is a fun application to share moments and memories with friends, family, and any other person in our contact who uses Snapchat. It is an American application used for instant messaging and photos. The key feature of Snapchat is that the message and photos are accessible only for a specific amount of time to the recipient.
How To Screenshot On Snapchat Without Them Knowing?
The sender gets notified when you take a screenshot of a snap or story, which can be a bit embarrassing if you do not intend to do so. We will now mention some steps to help you take screenshots on Snapchat without the sender being notified. So let’s get started.
1. In-built screen recorder
It is the easiest way to save the image or the video sent to you by someone.
In the latest version of Android, this feature is easily available
- Find the in-built screen recorder application on your phone.
- Turn on the recording.
- Open Snapchat and the snap you want to screenshot.
- After recording the snap, stop the recorder.
- Play the recorded snap in the video player.
- Now, click on the pause button of the video player at the moment when you want to screenshot.
All the IOS phones have this in-built feature, which can be easily accessed.
- The screen recorder is already available.
- You need to enable this feature from the control center.
- If this feature is not available in the control center, go to the settings and tap on the control center. From there, find the customize controls. Now, add this feature to the control center.
- You can now record the snap you want to save by starting the screen recorder.
2. Screen Recorder App
Sometimes, in some devices, an in-built feature of screen recording is not available. You can download an app for screen recording and use it according to your convenience. All you need to do is search for the screen recorder app in the google play store and install the application on your device.
Once the download is complete, all you have to do is start the recorder, record the snap you want to save, or screenshot. Now, play the recorded video in the normal media player and screenshot the moment you want to save it.
3. Google Assistant
It is another way to screenshot the snap you want to save. Only Android users can go for this method.
- Open up the snap you want to save.
- Call out for the Google Assistant, either by saying “Ok Google” or by long-pressing the home button.
- Now, you can ask your Google Assistant to take a screenshot of the particular snap, either verbally or by typing.
- The screenshot of the snap is not saved directly to the gallery; it shows the options to share the screenshot. You can share the screenshot in your mail to yourself. This way, the screenshot will be saved.
4. Airplane Mode
For this method, all you require to know is how to operate the airplane mode or the flight mode.
- Open the Snapchat application and ensure that the snap you want to save is loaded. (Do not open it yet).
- Now, all you have to do is turn on airplane mode from the quick action center and make sure that Wi-Fi, mobile data, and Bluetooth are turned off.
- The device should not have any access to the internet in any way.
- Now, open Snapchat and the snap you want to save and screenshot; screenshot it normally by pressing the volume button and the power button simultaneously.
- After a certain amount of time, turn off the airplane mode or the flight mode and access the internet connectivity.
This way, no one knows about the screenshot taken.
5. Third-Party Applications
There are various applications available on the Google Play store or the App Store that can be used to download or save or screenshot the snaps received on Snapchat. The best app suggested for android users is SnapSaver, and for the IOS users, it is Sneakaboo.
To use this application, all you require is to download the application from Google Play Store and open it.
- When you open the application, you will be asked to select an option that involves the task you want to perform (Screenshot, Screen recording, Burst screenshot, and Integrated).
- Now open Snapchat.
- Open the snap you want to save, and press the SaveSnap camera icon visible on your screen; this will screenshot the particular snap.
The task is performed without the sender having any knowledge about it.
To use this application, you need to download it from the App Store.
- All you need to do is log in with your Snapchat credentials.
- All the stories will be available on this application.
- You can simply screenshot the snap you want to save; this would not notify the sender in any way.
6. Another Smartphone
For this, all you require is another phone. Open up the camera in the smartphone and open the snap you want to save on another phone or device. Record the snap or simply take a photograph of the snap. This way, the snap gets saved or recorded on the smartphone. You can edit the recorded video or the photo according to your convenience.
7. Mirror Effect
This feature is available on Android devices. You need to turn on this feature just by going to the setting and turning on the feature. This will cast the device to another device like the laptop or smart TV. Now open Snapchat on your device and record it from the device it is being cast upon. You will have to make changes, and you will have to edit the recorded media for a better outlook.
8. For Mac users
All you have to do is turn on the QuickTime Screen Capture.
- Connect your iPhone to the MacBook and open up the QuickTime Player application.
- Click on File and then on the new movie recording.
- Select from the given options.
- Select the connected iPhone for the movie recording output. This mirrors the iPhone on the MacBook.
- Now all you have to do is press the record button and open Snapchat; you are now enable to record the snap without them knowing it.
Also Read: How to Connect Xbox One Controller to PC?
It is not at all illegal to screenshot on Snapchat. However, make sure to have a good enough reason to screenshot the snap sent to you. A normal screenshot taken of the snap sent to you is notified to the sender. As a receiver, if you want to screenshot the snap without them knowing it, all you need to do is follow the easy steps given in this article.