If you have an Apple product and want to cancel your AppleCare plan for that device, then you are at the right place. Here, I will be telling you about the various methods that one can use to cancel their AppleCare plan. Apart from the basic methods, I will also be sharing all the non-conventional methods for you to cancel their AppleCare. So, read on and select your favorable method to cancel your AppleCare plan right now!
What Is AppleCare?
Every Apple product comes with a standard warranty. But apart from this basic warranty, Apple also provides an AppleCare protection plan which gives additional coverage to your devices. The standard warranty is up to one year with 90 days of free technical support.
On the other hand, the AppleCare service, once enabled, can be availed for about two or three years. It covers the apple device for two situations of accidental damage every 12 months and hardware failures. Additionally, incidents like theft or loss are also covered for up to two incidents.
How to Cancel AppleCare Plan?
I have mentioned many methods to cancel your AppleCare plan, do check all of them below.
1. Through Apple ID settings
This is one of the easiest and most well-known methods iPhone users use to cancel their AppleCare plan. The steps that you can use are-:
- Open your iPhone and launch the “Settings” app.
- Tap on your name on the app to open your “Apple ID settings.”
- In the “Subscriptions” section, click on the “AppleCare.”
- Tap on the “Cancel Subscription” to cancel your AppleCare plan.
2. Through the Customer Service Over the Phone
In this method, we contact Apple Support over the phone. But before you do anything, get your-:
- Device’s serial number
- Sales receipt
- AppleCare Agreement number.
Now, call Apple Support and wait for a representative to pick up your call. You can now request them to cancel your Apple care plan.
3. The Mac App store
If you happen to own a Mac. Then, this method is tailored just for you.
- Open the App Store on your Mac.
- Move to the “Manage” section and click on the manage option next to your “Subscriptions”.
- Now, you can cancel your AppleCare plan by clicking on the cancel option over there.
4. Through the iTunes
Surprisingly, the iTunes app will let you cancel your AppleCare subscription too! Sounds interesting, right? So read on.
- Open your iTunes app and in the program menu, click on the “Account” option.
- Now, select the “View my Account” option.
- In the settings, find the option named “Subscriptions” and click on the “Manage” option next to it.
- Cancel your subscription by clicking on the “Cancel” option.
Will You Get a Refund After Canceling Your AppleCare Subscription?
It depends on your plan, whether you can get a refund or not. There are about three basic situations you might be in. Let me explain all three of them in detail with their corresponding solutions. In all the below situations, you should have already paid for your subscription beforehand to avail of a refund.
- If you have taken the monthly subscription- I am sorry to inform you that there’s nothing much you can expect in this case. You will not be able to receive any kind of refund; all you can do is use the subscription until it ends.
- In case you paid for the full plan and have decided to cancel your subscription within 30 days of purchase. Under these situations, you will get a complete refund of your money, but the cost of the services you have availed in this time frame will be deducted from the refunded amount.
- Lastly, if you have paid for the full plan but decided to cancel it after 30 days from purchase, for these circumstances, you will only receive the prorated refund for the unused subscription time. Even in this case, the cost of the services that you have availed in this time frame will be deducted from the refund amount.
You can avail of Apple Support through the following methods. Select your most comfortable methodology.
- Official Website– Check out their official website to find help for your device instantly by connecting to an expert.
- Phone number– Based on the location you reside in, make sure to select the prescribed phone number to connect with your Apple Support.
- Application – Apple support is also available in an app that can be downloaded from the AppStore directly. Click on the link to get your Apple Support app.
Now that we have come to the end of this article, I hope you can choose the best method to cancel your Apple Care subscription for your Apple device. Do let me know in the comments below, which mechanism worked best for you. If you have any doubts or complaints, please mention them in the comments section below. Thank you.