If you’re a fan of microblogging, Tumblr is a great option. If you’re a regular Tumblr user, you should know about the ‘Archive’ feature. There are a lot of people who haven’t heard of this before. Please read on if you are interested in learning how to access the Tumblr Archive, and this is the post for you. In this section, we’ll go over what the Tumblr archive option is, how to use it, and more.
What Does Tumblr Archive Mean?
To begin, let’s talk about what a Tumblr archive is and how to find it. Let’s find out for sure.
Tumblr users’ profiles and blogs are typically filled with their most recent posts. As a result, only a portion of their posts is shown.
If you’re looking for one of their older posts, you’ll have to scroll down the page one by one. This is inefficient, as you are well aware. Instead, it is a waste of time and resources. As a result, you may end up wasting a significant amount of time searching for a specific article.
Tumblr’s ‘Archive’ feature is a godsend in this situation. Using this feature, you can view a user’s posts sorted by month.
So, they’ll have one page with thumbnails of all of their posts organized by month or other criteria. This way, you’ll be able to find exactly what you’re looking for in a matter of seconds.
How to View/Access Tumblr Archive?
Having found the Tumblr archive, you’re now in the know. This is without a doubt an excellent choice. How, then, do you gain access to the archives of other Tumblr users? Let go of your frights!
Other Tumblr users’ archived posts can be accessed in a variety of ways. We’ll go into great detail about each of these procedures in the following paragraphs. We’ll start with that:-
1. Tumblr Desktop’s “Archive” Option
Only Tumblr accounts with the ‘Archive’ or ‘Archives’ button can use the first technique. Additionally, in the desktop version of Tumblr, this is how it is accessed.
1. Your favorite Tumblr accounts can be found by using the links provided in your account. You can also use a search engine to look up the person’s name. Searched for ‘Microsoft‘ as an example.
2. It will appear on the right-hand side of your screen when you click on a profile. Right-click the ‘three horizontal dots’ icon and select ‘three horizontal dots’ from the menu that appears. It will be shown on top of the profile’s picture.
3. As a result, an overlay menu will be displayed. To archive, simply choose ‘Archive’ from the drop-down menu.
4. Old posts from the user’s profile will be displayed right away. Posts in chronological order by default.
5. By clicking and selecting the appropriate option at the top, you can arrange them by “Post Type”, “Tag”, or “Month” among other options.
2. Using the ‘Archive’ Option in Tumblr Mobile App
This section is for Tumblr app users who want to access the Tumblr archive. Tumblr profiles should include an “Archive” button once again.
If this is the case, you can access their profile by clicking on their name in the “Profile” section of your account.
Using the Tumblr app’s bottom menu search option, you can also find their profile.
You’ll notice an ‘Archive’ button beneath their profile photo now that you’re on their page. The Tumblr account holder’s archived posts can be accessed by clicking the ‘Archive’ button.
3. Use the Archive Link
It was shown in the previous tutorial how to access a Tumblr profile’s archive by clicking the “Archive” button. Is there a way to archive a profile if it does not have an “Archive” button on it? You can also use a workaround for this if it’s the case.
It’s also very easy to understand. However, you can only use this method if you’re using a desktop browser to access Tumblr. The app may not function properly as a result if you use it. Here’s how you get there…
1. Navigate to the profile of the user whose archived postings you want to see.
2. A link to that profile can now be found in your browser’s address bar. ‘https://microsoft.tumblr.com/‘ is the usual format. As a case study, we will use Microsoft’s website here.
3. In the address bar of your browser, type “archive” (without quotation marks) after the URL. For example: ‘https://microsoft.tumblr.com/archive‘ should now be the link. Use the ‘Enter’ key on your keyboard to go to the account’s archive page.
4. As a result, the secret lies in slightly altering the Tumblr page’s URL. Add the word ‘archive‘ to the end of any Tumblr link to get the archived version. In addition, type ‘Enter’ into the keyboard.
5. The debate has come to an end! Adding ‘archive’ to the end of the URL redirects to the archived posts for that particular Tumblr.
How to Add the Tumblr Archive Button?
The archives of other Tumblr users are now at your fingertips. Tumblr doesn’t have an ‘Archive’ button by default. You should add an ‘Archive’ button to your profile if this is the case. In this section, we’ll show you exactly how to do it. Here are the steps to follow:-
1. Tumblr requires a username and password or a magic link to log into your account.
2. Using the ‘Profile’ icon in the upper right corner of the screen, select the ‘dummy human-like icon.
3. The ‘Settings’ option can be found in the menu overlay. The ‘Archive’ button can also be added by clicking on the name of the blog to which you’d like to add it.
4. All of your blogs will be listed on the right side of the following page. Add the ‘Archive’ button to one of the blogs you’d like.
5. The main panel of the screen will now show all of the options for that blog. Simply click on the ‘Edit Theme’ button.
6. As a result, a new page with the theme editor will open. Add a page by clicking the ‘+ Add new page’ option on the left sidebar.
7. By doing so, you’ll be allowed to create a new blog page. Add the suffix ‘archive’ (without the quotation marks) to the end of the link to your new page. Sections like this one are critical. As a result, if the previous link was ‘https://user.tumblr.com/’, it should be changed to ‘https://user.tumblr.com/archive’.
8. As a final step, turn on the option to “Show a link to this page”. The button’s color will change from grey to blue when the feature is activated.
9. Type whatever name you want in the “Page Title” option and the description box. You can put anything you want here or just put ‘Archive’ in this field.
10. To see a preview of the changes that have been made, select ‘Update Preview’. When you do this, the page on the right will refresh and show you the updated version of that page.
11. An “Archive” button should appear beneath your blog’s title if you’ve done everything correctly.
12. There’s a good chance that you’ve done well. When you’re done, click the “Save” button in the upper right corner of the window that appears when you add a new page.
13. The ‘Archive’ button has now been added to your Tumblr account.
After creating a new blog on Tumblr, the “Following” button is not visible by default. On the other hand, you should consider adding a follow button to your profile. As a result, anyone who visits your profile will be able to follow you.
Tumblr’s ‘Follow’ button can be added in a variety of ways. You can simply copy and paste the Tumblr button’s HTML code into your blog’s design.
Isn’t it true that you’re still here? Then it’s time to reward your hard work! You’ve now successfully accessed the Tumblr archive. You’ve also gotten to know a lot of Tumblr’s features. The ‘Archive’ button may now be added to your Tumblr blog and your know-how.
For this reason, you should add an “Archive” and “Follow” button to your Tumblr page using the procedures above. It is our goal to make the tutorials easy enough for novices to follow along. Because of this, we’ve taken the time to go over them step-by-step and provide screenshots.